What is a Garbage Disposal?
Importance of Having a Clean Garbage Disposal
- Cleaner Kitchen - One of the most obvious benefits is that it helps to keep your kitchen clean. When garbage builds up in your garbage disposal, it can start to attract bugs and rodents.
- Prevent Bad Odors - Additionally, a garbage disposal can help to prevent bad odors from coming from your kitchen. This is because the garbage will be ground up and flushed down the drain, rather than sitting in your garbage can.
- Extend the Life of Your Garbage Disposal - Finally, keeping your garbage disposal clean can help to extend its life. This is because the blades will be less likely to become dull and damaged if they are not constantly grinding up garbage.
- Avoid Costly Repairs - In addition to extending the life of your garbage disposal, keeping it clean can also help you avoid costly repairs. This is because clogged garbage disposals can cause your plumbing to back up, which can lead to expensive repairs.
What To Do?
- Hot Water Down the Drain. This will help to loosen any debris that is stuck in the garbage disposal.
- Using a Sink Plunger. If hot water doesn’t work, you can try using a plunger to dislodge the debris.
- Baking Soda Down the Drain. This will help to break down any grease or food that is stuck in the garbage disposal.
- Garbage Disposal Cleaning Pod. A garbage disposal cleaning pod is a small, cylindrical device that is designed to clean the blades of your garbage disposal. It is inserted into the garbage disposal and rotated around to help remove any built-up debris.
- Call a Professional. If you are still having trouble, you may need to call a professional to come and take a look at your garbage disposal. They will be able to diagnose the problem and make any necessary repairs.